1. Does this Privacy Notice apply to you?
This Privacy Notice applies to you if you are a customer of Janio, a recipient of a package delivered by Janio, a supplier of Janio, or if you contact Janio, for instance, by visiting www.janio.asia, using social media or if you receive emails from Janio.
2. What information does Janio collect?
In the course of its business activities and providing the services, Janio will need to process personal data. “Personal Data” is any information that can directly or indirectly be used to identify a natural person. You provide most of your Personal Data directly to Janio, for instance:
- Contact information. Such as your name, address, e-mail address and phone number;
- Financial information. Such as your bank account number, payment status, invoices;
- Identification information. Such as your drivers license number;
- Account information. Log-in details, including your email address and password, and other information provided in your account;
- Information related to shipment and services. Such as shipment tracking number, shipment routing information, location data, status of a shipment, delivery location, packaging type, number of pieces, weight, picture of the parcel, customs information;
- User and preference information. Such as shipping amounts, complaints, history of purchases and related commercial activities, communication, survey information, shipping preferences.
3.Purposes for collection, use and processing of Personal Data by Janio
Personal Data shall be collected, used, stored or otherwise processed if necessary within the framework of responsible, efficient and effective business management of Janio. We process Personal Data because it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with you, or it is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations, or for other legitimate business interests of Janio to provide quality and secure shipping Services. More specifically, Janio uses Personal Data for the following activities:
- Product development, research and improvement of Janio products and/or services. Janio processes Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of Janio products and/or services, research and development.
- Performing agreements. This includes tracking Janio services, communication with individuals and other parties regarding services, responding to requests for (further) information, dispute resolution and preparing agreements.
- Relationship management and marketing for commercial activities. Janio may process Personal Data as necessary for the development and improvement of Janio products and/or services, account management, client service and the performance of (targeted) marketing activities in order to establish a relationship with a client and/or maintaining as well as extending a relationship with a client, business partner or supplier and for performing analyses with respect to Personal Data for statistical and scientific purposes.
- Business process execution, internal management and management reporting. This includes addressing activities such as managing company assets, conducting internal audits and investigations, finance and accounting, implementing business controls, provision of central processing facilities for efficiency purposes, managing mergers, acquisitions and divestitures and Processing Personal Data for management reporting and analysis.
- Safety and security. Personal Data may be included in the processing for activities such as those involving safety and health, the protection of Janio and customer, supplier or business partner assets and the authentication of customer, supplier or business partner status and access rights.
- Protecting the vital interests of individuals. This includes processing data when necessary to protect the vital interests of an individual (e.g. for urgent medical reasons).
- Compliance with legal obligations. This addresses the processing of Personal Data as necessary for compliance with laws, regulations and sector specific guidelines to which Janio is subject (e.g. matching names of clients, suppliers and business partners against denied parties’ lists).
The following paragraph describes our commitment to the protection of Personal Data as it applies to the Janio website (www.janio.asia) or any of its subpages through which Janio may obtain Personal Data automatically.
Some of the examples (non-exhaustive) where we may collect personal data of a user are:
- When a user signs up for alerts or newsletters;
- When a user visits Janio’s websites;
- When a user (or someone on his/her behalf) contacts Janio for queries, requests or feedback;
- When a user participates in Janio’s marketing or promotional events; or
- When our client places an order with consignee/end-user details for fulfilment/delivery
Janio uses this Personal Data for the following purposes:
- help us and third parties obtain information about your visits to the sites
- process your shipments
- analyse your visiting patterns to improve our sites
- deliver advertising, communications and content from us and third parties, on our sites and those of third parties, specific to your interests
- remember your language and other preferences
- help you obtain information you are looking for
- provide a safe and secure service for online transactions
- measure how many people use our sites, and how they use them, to keep our sites running efficiently and to better understand our audiences
- system administration and troubleshooting
4. Who has access to your Personal Data?
Janio may share your Personal Data with third parties in the following circumstances:
- Janio may share your Personal Data with its affiliates, operating groups, subsidiaries and divisions, or with third parties if such is necessary for the purposes as listed above. If appropriate, Janio will require third parties to conduct activities in a manner consistent with Janio policies and guidelines in relation to data protection.
- Janio may share your Personal Data with data processors, i.e. parties processing Personal Data on our behalf. In such cases, these third parties may only use your Personal Data for the purposes described above and only in accordance with our instructions. Janio will only use processors which provide sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organizational measures and ensure the protection of the rights of data subjects.
- Janio employees may have access to your Personal Data if necessary for the performance of their tasks. In such a case, access will be granted only if necessary for the purposes described above and only if the employee is bound by confidentiality.
- Janio may share your Personal Data if required to do so by law, court order, or other legal process, for example, with law enforcement agencies or other governmental agencies, to establish or exercise our legal rights or in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a divesture, merger, consolidation, or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
Besides the mentioned purposes, Janio will not sell, rent or give away Personal Data to third parties for commercial purposes without the Customers/Consignee/ Network Partners’ consent
5. How long will JANIO process your Personal Data?
Janio retains your Personal Data for a limited amount of time and will delete your Personal Data as soon as it is reasonable to assume that:
(a) the purpose for which that Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by the retention of such Personal Data; and
(b) retention is no longer necessary for any other legal or business purposes.
The exact period of time is based on the type of the Personal Data and the legal obligations or business purposes for retaining it.
6. What measures does JANIO take to protect your Personal Data?
Janio has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your Personal Data against accidental or unlawful processing, including by ensuring that:
- your Personal Data is protected against unauthorized access;
- the confidentiality of your Personal Data is assured;
- the integrity and availability of your Personal Data will be maintained;
- personnel is trained in information security requirements; and
- actual or suspected data breaches are reported in accordance with applicable law.
7. Transfer of data to other countries.
Due to the nature of our business and the services we provide to our clients, Janio may need to transfer your Personal Data to locations outside the country where you reside. In any case where we transfer Personal Data, Janio shall ensure that such a transfer is subject to appropriate safeguards. For more detailed information about these safeguards, please contact Janio’s DPO, Byong Hee Teh, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. What rights can you exercise in relation to your Personal Data?
Based on the law applicable to the use of your Personal Data, you may be able to exercise a number of rights in relation to your Personal Data. Note that in many cases, your rights are not absolute and we may not be required to comply with your request. A number of such rights are explained below.
- Right of access. You are entitled to a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you and to learn details about how we use it by contacting our DPO, Byong Hee Teh, at email@example.com. Your Personal Data will usually be provided to you digitally.
- Right to rectification. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and complete. However, if you believe this is not the case, you can ask us to update or amend it by contacting our DPO, Byong Hee Teh, at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Right to erasure. In certain circumstances, you have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Data, for example where the Personal Data we collected is no longer necessary for the original purpose, where Personal Data has become obsolete or where you withdraw your consent. However, this will need to be balanced against other factors. For example, we may not be able comply with your request due to certain legal or regulatory obligations.
- Right to restriction of processing. In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask us to (temporarily) stop using your Personal Data, for example where you think that the Personal Data we hold about you may be inaccurate or where you think that we no longer need to use your Personal Data.
- Right to data portability. In certain limited circumstances, you may have the right to ask that we transfer Personal Data that you have provided to us to a third party of your choice.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to processing which is based on our legitimate interests. Unless we have a compelling legitimate ground for the processing, we will no longer process the Personal Data on that basis when you file an objection. Note however, that we may not be able to provide certain services or benefits if we are unable to process the necessary Personal Data for that purpose.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making. You have the right not to be subjected to automated decision-making, including profiling, which produces legal effect for you or has a similar significant effect. If you have been subject to an automated decision and do not agree with the outcome, you can contact us using the details below and ask us to review the decision.
- Right to withdraw consent. Customers/Consignee/Network Partners are allowed to withdraw their consent to Janio collecting their Personal Data at any time.
- Janio will stop the further processing as soon as possible after the withdrawal of your consent. However, this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing before consent was withdrawn.
Please use the contact details above if you would like to exercise any of your rights.
9. What if I have other questions or complaints?
Questions or complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data can be directed at Janio’s DPO, Byong Hee Teh, at email@example.com.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with local data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you work, where you live or where an alleged infringement takes place.
10. Will there be updates to this Privacy Notice?
Janio may update this Privacy Notice from time to time. If an amendment will have a serious impact, Janio will endeavor to actively inform you about such amendments. Janio will publish an up-to-date Privacy Notice on the website www.janio.asia at all times, indicating the latest amendments.